[RC] ulcers in endurance horses - Nancy Reed

I have a strong suspicion my half Arab, Jazzi has ulcers.  No I have not had her scoped (would rather buy hay with the money).  She has many of the symptoms – paces, crews wood, is a nervous Nelly, etc.   I have been feeding her 7/24, added a vit/mineral supplement and her symptoms have been greatly reduced.  I am wondering what other folks are doing for horses who have ulcers – what works and what doesn’t?

I crewed at the 100 mile National Championship several years ago when it was held at Warner Springs.  One of my jobs was to dose the horse w/ Neighlox and e-lytes.  I am not sure that is the road I want to take.  In a perfect world I would find a supplement that would cure her suspected ulcers, preserve her joints, give her a shiny coat, etc. OK, I’m rambling, any ideas?

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest