Re: [RC] Rain Gear - kathy . mayeda

I had a riding lesson last night and I had stripped off my Mountain Hardwear shell jacket (supposedly waterproof) and rode in my Irideon Wear fleece in the covered arena after sloshing in the pasture and tacking up in the rain (great to have synthetic saddle!).  I left my jacket at the arena, and went back to get it.  It was sopping wet.  I felt okay in my fleece.  At least it kept in some warmth, and didn't seem to "hold" water.   I wore another layer of Irideon wear underneath - some kind of technical fabric.  It wasn't waterproof, but it didn't hold water either.   I had fleece tights on, although I don't think they were waterproof.

Love my Irideon Wind-Pro tights and jacket although it hasn't been tested in REAL rain like we had last night.  But it was a warm rain without wind, so that's maybe not the ultimate test either.

I like neoprene riding gloves for rainy weather.  They are an off-brand that's sometimes hard to find.

Actually my best rain gear was this ugly green jacket I got from Mervyn's for $40.  It was long, covered to my knee on the saddle (but I'm a shortie...) and waterproof and surprisingly enough somewhat breathable.  Big enough to have a couple of other layers underneath.  Lost it somewhere, darnit.

K.