Re: [RC] de- "mudding" horses - kathy . mayeda

I was told by someone who also owns grey Arabs, told me to use Vetrolin Wash after rides and then use Show Sheen as a polish to keep them clean.

Seems to work pretty well for her.

We used to ride in the winter evenings, sponge bathe them, throw a polarfleece cooler over them while they ate their dinner away from their marauding pasture mates, and then turn them back into the pasture.

I use Refreshmint for a sponge wash.  The alcohol content helps to dry out the moisture.

Right now I'm not riding enough to get them sweaty at night, so I just let them be mudballs.

K.