[RC] de- "mudding" horses - sherman

I use a stiff bristled “cowboy” brush to groom before riding, and do the saddle area especially well. It’s much too cold here to hose down before or after riding, but I do hose the muddy, sweaty, sticky gunk off their legs afterwards. Then again use the cowboy brush to remove gunk everywhere else when they’re still wet, and once again after they dry to fluff them up as much as possible. I’ve never had any skin problems with the horses.

Kathy