[RC] Bitting horses - Kathy Copeland

If you wanted to you could contact your local health department and report the bite (horses are mammals and mammals carry rabies) since it obviously broke the skin.  As with bitting dogs they will probably quarantine the horse for a period of 10 days to make sure it does not have rabies.  I know the first horse I ever bought,and this was some years ago, bit me while it was being saddled.  I really liked the horse but since my mother worked for the health department she had it quarantined to make sure everything was good to go and it was.  Anyway this might be a wake up call ( or not) for this lady that biting horses, you being warned or not, are not funny.  You have a right to know the health of this horse since if it is by chance rabid you could protect yourself.

Team Slow Poke
Kathy Copeland