[RC] biting horse, biting human - Donna DeYoung

On the issue of the biting horse, if you had been able to get over your shock and pain quickly enough and been able to smack the horse in the side of the head for biting you ... I'm sure the owner wouldn't have hesitated to take a protest out upon the offending human.

This horse obviously was acting out agressively and the victim was in the way. - to answer how does this horse get thru the vet cks...The horse was probably wanting to bite the other horses, but got the human instead. Happens all the time with agressive animals.

Either way, it is a dangerous animal. Sounds like it needs a muzzle!

Some horses are agressive in "defense" of themselves. They haven't been taught that other horses won't attack them when under saddle or in human hands. So they attack first, ask questions later. Its one of the first things you have to teach a young horse on the trails. Don't Do THAT! If you let it become a habit... this is what happens. And then there are just some "bad" horses out there. Not- noble.

Watch out if someone says their horse has a bad habit - truth is the habit is probably ten times worse than they are admitting. When someone tells me their horse bites, I'd respond, I bite back! So you better keep your horse away!

Donna