Re: [RC] [RC] Biting Horse at Ride - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

This is one of the reason that my first lesson, no matter how experienced of a horse person the student might be, is to drive home the priniciple of why a horse is not a pet - it is a 1000 lb + lethal weapon don't ever forget it!  Doesn't matter if it is a stallion, gelding or mare.  I have seen the instinct to survive and outweigh human respect on more than one occassion.  Which is another reason I have "Beware of all animals on this facility" as part of my release of liability.  That is especially brought to everyone's attention when they want to go up and 'pet' the cute little baby horse standing next to it's seemingly, oh so calm, nurturing Mother!

D'Arcy