[RC] AERC Voting Ballots - kathy swigart

Angie said:

>>Actually, I am a bit more concerned that juniors were getting ballots at all
> Fear not all, Josie is 18

Unless Josie is going to turn 19 before the end of the month, she is considered a "Youth Member" [from the by-laws "(b) Youth Membership. An individual shall be considered a youth Member if they have not yet attained the age of eighteen years prior to the beginning of the Ride Season."] and should not have gotten a ballot at all.

I have NO idea what effect it has on the election now that it is clear to me that ballots have been sent out to people who are not eligible to vote.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

p.s.  I, personally, am of the philosophy that people who have no opinion should abstain.  They shouldn't give their ballots away so that somebody else can vote twice.