Re: [RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Bahrain: Shaikh Nasser claims title - Maggie Mieske

Karen wrote:  <If you read the print and don't look at the picture, it appears that all the "riders" glorified in this article seem to have competed in their endurance race without a horse.  The horses are not mentioned once.>

No Best Condition even.  I noticed when we went to the Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club last week that the horses are hustled off the track, no flowers around their necks or mention of their name at all (at least not in English) and the photos and silver cups are all done with no horse in sight!  I will admit that the last race was so exciting (horse came from last at one point to win by about a half length) that they did spend a bit of extra time with him on camera (my pick, too!  Too bad there's no gambling!), but he wasn't present for the photos and silver cups.  I'm trying to figure out if there is anything at all I could possibly donate (not enough money in my bank account) for a Best Condition award that an owner/rider would appreciate for an award.  We all love our T-shirts in the U.S.  I wonder???  Could it be that simple?  :)

Maggie Mieske
Lecturer
English Department/Foundation Program
Qatar University
P.O. Box 2713
Doha, Qatar

"At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable." Christopher Reeve (THE Superman)