Re: [RC] nosebands for S-hackamores - Lysane Cree

That is exactly what I was afraid of. I mean it looks all nice in photos but i was worried about the shadow roll effect. I agree with Karen (Standefer) about not putting the rope directly on my horse's face, but the vet wrap sounds like a good idea so that it is not so rough on her skin but still maybe has a bit more effect than the biothane.

Lysane

From: LOUISE BURTON <firedancefarms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Lysane Cree <lysanec@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 4:48:14 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] nosebands for S-hackamores

Hi Lysane,
Be careful covering it with fleece.  This is known in TB racing as a shadow roll to prevent horses from seeing the ground!  My daughter had that bright idea for a ride, and her horse fell down several times and she had to pull!
We cover ours with vet wrap.  I would not use biothane because it would be too soft.
Hope this helps.
Louise

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians