[RC] B & B plus horse camping - Alexandra H. North

Forwarded from the Quicksilver list

Hey club members,

Many of you know my husband, Steve and I purchased a bed and breakfast 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat/Hwy120 gate to Yosemite National Park.
Riders have asked if we were going to offer horse layover facilities as well.  Well, now we are.  There are literally miles and miles of trails directly off the property since we are surrounded on three sides by National Fore st.  So no trailering needed unless you want to actually ride in Yosemite.  Oh, and if you're REALLY ambitious, you can ride to Yosemite from here.

The Inn website is www.blackberry-inn.com.  The horse page isn't up yet, but here is the deal, during the WINTER SEASON,  Nov-Mar, if you book a room at the inn, your horse gets a corral for free.  If you want to camp only with your horse, the charge for that is $35.00 per night for one horse, $10.00 for each additional horse.  Hay is NOT provided.  The =
trails/roads here are rain or shine with solid footing.  There are some rocks so hoof protection is recommended.  The Inn is at 3000 feet elevation so we're above the fog, but below the snow.   The weather for
the past two weeks has been in the high 70's during the day and 40's at night.  The fall colors are fabulous and most of the tourists are gone.
Steve cooks a fabulous breakfast.  The apple french toast and the blackberry crisp are to die for, but you don't have to take my word for it.  All guest reviews for the Inn are on Tripadvisor.  There is a link on our website.

If you're a mountain biker, the trails are passable year round and we can GPS a route for you.

DESERT GOLD RIDE:

There will be a drawing at the ride for TWO FREE NIGHTS at The Blackberry Inn Bed & Breakfast which will include your horse.   Retail value is over $300.00
Double Occupancy, no children under 10 years of age.  Excludes Holidays and High Season,  Apr-Oct.

THE RULES:
1.  Riders must enter all three days of the Desert Gold Ride to be eligible to be in the drawing.
2.  Any combination of horses are eligible.
3.  Riders will receive one ticket for entering and another ticket for ="">completing each day.  Maximum number of tickets a rider can receive will =
be six (6).  example.... if a rider enters all three days, but >completes one day, they will get a total of four tickets to enter in the =
drawing.
4.There is no differentiation between three days of 25 miles or three =
days of 50 miles.  You enter all three days you get three tickets.  You =
complete three days, you get three more tickets.
5.  The drawing will be Sunday after the ride is over.
6.  It is the rider's responsibility to make sure they receive their =
completion tickets.  We won't hunt you down to give you a completion =
ticket.  The three tickets you get with your 3-day entry will go =
directly into the drawing box.

Hope to see you all at the ride.

alex
Alexandra H. North, CPA
209-962-8900
Fax 831-532-4516
This message may be confidential or privileged.  It is intended only for ="">the use of the individual names above, and the privileges are not waived =
by virtue of this communication having been sent by email.  If the =
person actually receiving this message or any other reader of the =
message is not the named recipient or the employee or agent responsible =
to deliver it to the named recipient, any use, dissemination, =
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  =
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately =
notify us by telephone and destroy the original message.