RE: [RC] Fwd: Sportage Plus helmet question - Nancy Mitts

They were called Tipperary Sportage helmets.  The new ones are the Tipperary Sportage Plus.  I think the shell is thicker on the new ones, that is why they look bigger but fit smaller.

Nancy Mitts

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
Four.     Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

  -- Abraham Lincoln

I switched from a Sportage to a Tipperary this last riding season.  I was very thankful that I did.  When I had the fall off of Valentina at Fireworks my head hit the boulder first.  That helmet didn't even get a dent in it.  I had a similar fall a few years ago after the horse I was on lost his footing jumping into the side of a hill and we went sideways.  That helmet (Sportage) split in half.  I had a horrible concussion and headaches for a very long time.  Just my .02 cents.  :)

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here