[RC] Bill Parker Memorial Tevis Fund - Dr. Mero

I am deeply sorry to have to pass on the news that a great horseman,
Tevis finisher (91-95-96), true friend and one of the finest humans
one could ever meet has passed away.  Bill Parker died suddenly on
Sunday Nov 9 while volunteering at the Mariposa Run for the Gold
ride.  I have only had the privilege of knowing Bill and his wife
Sandie for three short years.  We were lucky enough to buy the house
next door to them and they have graced our life and home ever since.
Of course Bill and I became immediate and fast friend given our
shared love of all things endurance.  Bill and Sandie were my crew
for my first and successful Tevis effort in 2007 and I surely could
not have completed without them.

Bill and Sandie moved to Mariposa a bit over 10 years ago from the
San Jose area where they were long time members of the Quicksilver
endurance club.  There are many more who knew Bill both longer and
better than I and I hope perhaps they will share with us some of
their great memories.  Bill had strict instructions refusing any kind
of formal funeral surface.  However, after talking with Sandie - we
decided that we could honor Bill Parker than man in life and help
preserve the one endurance trail he loved above all others - TEVIS.

Please consider making a donation to the "Bill Parker Memorial Tevis
Fund." We hope to pledge enough to be able to name at least one mile
of Tevis trail after Bill Parker, and forever help preserve the ride
he loved best.
Donations can be mailed to Sandie Parker, Jeanette Mero or to the
bank directly - County Bank, Rt 49 Mariposa, CA, 95338.  Please email
me privately with any questions or help making a donation at
drjmero@xxxxxxxx

Thanks all
Jay Mero