Re: [RC] WEC - Truman Prevatt

Steph Teeter wrote:
>>. Other countries either though individuals or state sponsorship have money to support a program. The US does not. The UAE has someone it charge that calls the shots - the US does not. >>

A quick comment on this thread - the USA is also isolated. We do not regularly compete against the world's best because of our physical isolation. The difference between the quality of competition in the USA, and the quality/intensity of competition elsewhere is significant. Others have fine tuned their crewing, training, competitive strategy beyond what we know and do, simply because the bar is so much higher for them than it is for us. It's not just money/power - it is also training and experience and knowlege.

Steph
That's also part of not having a program to compete at the WEC level. Competition at the world level in any sport is about one thing and only one thing - winning. The USEF doesn't seem to be dedicated to winning in endurance - the last 10 years is a testament to that. The US is isolated in most sports but except for sports we just don't play, e.g. cricket, we do a pretty good job. We even play pretty dog gone good soccer - although it is relatively new to the US. The USEF needs to do a better job.

Truman

--

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken