[RC] [USA: Kathy Brunjes] Thursday night in Malaysia - John Teeter

Quite a day here...we are all dragging our tails tonight - I think the travel has finally caught up to all of us. It was the coolest day yet - only 82 degrees with 79% humidity - we had rain all night, and rain most of the morning - scattered showers - then overcast all afternoon - it started sprinkling on the drive home from the venue.

Cheryl, Flavia, Alfredo and I started the day with the 6:30 shuttle to the stables, where we fed all the horses and started the barn duties before the others arrived. Today we were to hand walk the horses for an hour this morning, then we had trot outs prior to being up in the saddle for an hour this afternoon. Theatric had to hand walk again this morning - he has scratches and Jim wanted to treat them today and give him light duty until tomorrow. Tomorrow we get to go for a 2 hour ride. I'm anxious to get on his back and was disappointed I had to wait another day. Since Tee doesn't GET scratches, it's a major deal for him - and they appeared literally overnight - none yesterday, full blown this morning. We had the Game Boy on him three times, and wrapped with meds for the rest of the day.

So, while everyone was riding, I picked out everyone's stalls and filled water pails and then took Tee for a 30 minute hand walk.

I've forgotten to mention in all these postings about the music that this hotel plays 24/day...it's Christmas music!!! over and over and over again - in the dining room, in the lobby, in the sitting area where we all sit around with our laptops and email you all....everywhere! I think they must believe that Christmas music is Western music??

Ok - big political discussion going on at dinner....Palin vs. Biden, Obama vs. McCain...wow...we are all at a "North American" table - all the Canadians and the US together in one place.

At lunch today we spent some time with Steph Teeter and I got to visit with Mercedes Tapia (Argentina) and Lee (Malaysia) and re- establish our friendships - one of the nicest things about being at this type of event - all our international friends in one place.

We will be going to Noor Arfa (the batik factory) tomorrow or Saturday. Saturday we have an Malaysian BBQ at the Sutra resort (where we stayed last year) - our crews are going to start arriving in another day or two, so we will grow in number from here on in.

Hi to everyone and stay tuned for more news tomorrow...

Kathy

--
Posted By Kathy to USA: Kathy Brunjes at 10/23/2008 08:08:00 PM