Re: [RC] multi-use trails - Carla Richardson

I agree, Karen, one of the best things any horseback rider (of any type, trail, endurance, pleasure) can do is join the Backcountry Horsemen of America, and help with local trails.  The BCHA works with the BLM, and the USFS, to clear trails of deadfall in the spring, repair erosion and other damage, and they work with legislative branches also.

Join your local BCHA chapter!  If there is no local, you can join the national.  (That goes for me, too, I've let my membership lapse -- oops!)

Carla Richardson
Colorado