Re: [RC] IV Fluids before the ride (was: Malaysia, etc.) - Carla Richardson

I don't find it at all disturbing, and in fact if my horse had flown on a long flight halfway around the world, I'd be standing in line to get him on IV's.  It just seems like a very reasonable precaution, to me.

While it is true that this kind of event has little in common with most of our rides, that's the point, isn't it?  I mean, really, it's an international event, with top competitors - both horses and riders.  It's not your local endurance ride, and that's part of the excitement.

I guess I just don't feel that "our AERC" is threatened by international events.  Why can't we all just enjoy all the levels of competition?

Carla Richardson
Colorado