From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kathy Mayeda
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 5:08 PM
To: Michelle Aquilino
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Hard Headed Horses / Outpull You

My ex was able to muscle any of his horses into a slant load trailer.  But he was their breeder, had them since birth, and they know that he is boss.  All three of my horses are from his herd, and when I took posession of two of them, they loaded into trailers just fine.  The third, Drako, was muscled in by my ex after I came up to do some ground work with him for a couple of weekends.  I drove him around for 10 minutes, came back unloaded him.  Then repeated the following weekend except he took the 3 hour trip from Loomis to San Jose.  He's loaded fine ever since, and even though he's my most difficult horse, he's the best at tolerating trailering.  I'm not really and advocate of muscling a horse into the trailer and since then learned more training skills.