Re: [RC] boots - Charlene Stinnett

Leah

I have a horse with a similar shaped foot-wider than longer-in fact I think the width measurement is the same. I went through the same problem, size 2 to fit width, but they were too big in front and often came off. I have a lot of experience with easyboots, and tried all kinds of ways to solve the problem, including gluing a piece of foam to the inside (behind the buckle) to take up that extra space. The foam I used was a cut up comfort pad. It actually worked really well and lasted longer than I thought--I just need better glue. I used liquid nails. Anyway, now I actually ride him in a size 1, the true size for the LENGTH of his hoof. I put a size 2 cable on this size 1 boot, so there was extra length to accomodate the width. It works perfectly, and stays on just as well as his rear boots. It will look a little different, there will be "exposed" cables on the sides, rather than the rubber closing in nice and tight around the hoof...I don't have any advice on the overreach, other than an epic that fits right should stand up to that with no issues-there's nothing for him to catch that rear foot on if the hoof fits from front to back. GOOD LUCK!!!! Don't give up-barefoot is worth it! So much better for the horse.

Charlene Stinnett

Graphic Design Artist

865.223.4043

In this snowy porcelain form, you find me

timid and courageous,

docile and ungovernable,

hot-headed and phlegmatic,

teachable and obtuse.