[RC] boots - LEAHCHIRO

My horse has been barefoot for around 4 months. I have tried BOAs size 1(did not fit the shape of his foot and they rubbed,size 2 were too big and twisted)), Easy boot bare(size2) (came off while galloping and the gaiters were shredded), and Easyboot Epic(size 2)(the 3rd time he wore it,he pulled one off at walk.He forged, I think. since all that was left was the ankle part of the gaiter. I never found the boot since we were riding in rough terrain,lots of downfall,etc). My friend that was riding with me was using a pair of Cavallo boots. They stayed on her horse but her horse did get a bad rub. The BOAS had rubbed my horse badly and I want to avoid rubs if possible since he has very sensitive skin, so I am not sure about trying Cavallo boots.
I do want to keep him barefoot since his heels were contracted from the shoes, and he had stress cracks on both front feet.His foot is 5 in Wide and the length is 4 5/8 so his foot is wide and short.

He only needs boots on the front, his back feet look great.
Any idea how to make the EPIC  boot work if he forges? I would expect the boot to stay on in most conditions, since my horse has never forged and pulled a front shoe(he did wear bell boots).
I trail ride, some of the terrain is rocky and steep ish.
Any suggestions? The people at Easy Care customer service have been great, and they have suggested changing the heel strap, using the cushion insoles,etc...
But having a boot fly off into nowhere and just leaving the ankle strap is extreme, and I am frustrated since the boots are expensive.

Leah Urben
www.saddleupcobb.org
770.656.7463
leahchiro@xxxxxxx