Re: [RC] 100 mile rides are disappearing - irmurphy

There is only 1 reason that I personally do not compete right now in 100 mile rides and that is because the closest ride is over 400 miles away.  The cost and time involved in traveling is the only limiter in my case.  I know that this is the case for many others.

I have sanctioned 4 rides in the Phoenix area and I am hoping to add a 100 mile distance in the near future, the problem is that there are not enough sites within this area that will allow a ride to be held (parks are not interested due to concerns about dust) and that have sufficient trails so that it isn't a repeat of the same course multiple times.  We are working on 1 course but it would be the same course for multiple different dates.  The logistics in coordinating the permits, fees  and special use requirements can become daunting but it is promising.

Irene Murphy
M20453