[RC] National Championship Ride - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Since I'm kinda caught up for a minute I'll just say a little about the ride
itself.

I have NEVER in 20 years of endurance been to a ride where there has not been
one mention of riders off trail, comments on possible mileage off, complaints
about ANYTHING..until today. The Daniel Boone Distance riders have had their
act soooo together it's just easy to forget things *could* go wrong. There have
been tons of workers, no lines to speak of, they fed everyone Subway sandwiches
at the away check, now, with it really kinda cold out they have put out a
fantastic spread of home made chili, dumplings, good WARM food and if you're
not a worker or rider it's $1. (hope Steph can handle that on my expense
account!)

Nobody has had anything but smiles and complements on the trail, even when
they're not around management :-). Just saw AERC Pres. Mike Maul. He said he
got here around lunch. Bet it's a relief to come in and see a well oiled
machine!

So, unless you've heard your rider is out, you needn't worry that they're off
trail, etc. Just not much of that stuff going on.

As soon as possible I will update everyone on the remainder of the riders. With
the away check I had to get back here with the leaders and an internet
connection but as soon as I get my hands on the list I'll put it up.

Angie