[RC] Tough riders - beckeg

Well, I, as ride manager of the Tin Cup Springs ride in Michigan on Sept. 13 & 14 want to say we had some really tough riders.  It started light rain in the morning and by the afternoon, nothing was dry.  Everyone had a smile, no one pulled because of the rain. Everyone was polite and happy and things went really smoothly.  Granted we had a wood burner in the cabin so we could dry shoes.  The rain let up for dinner and then was back all night and the next day.  Guess what, most of them rode again.  The only ones who didn't is because their horses were too sore or off a bit.

This is one tough bunch and it was a tough sandy trail.  I even had a new vet who stood in the rain for 8 hours so the riders could ride and he thanked me for inviting him to vet.  Wow!

I did hear later that there were a lot of wet blankets and everyone had to clean the trailer the next day so there would be no moldy "stuff" in it.  But a great bunch of riders.  Made my day as a ride manager.

Becke
Tin Cup Springs Ride Manager
Sparta, MI