[RC] 100 mile rides - Normanjudyv

I really feel bad for all the new riders these days. The sense of adventure is almost gone. I guess that,s human nature. Everybody just wants more comfort. Perfect horses, showers, a vet check at your trailer door every 10 miles. When I read RC there seem to be more talk about beet pulp, GPS, LQs, gaited horses, LDs than finishing a great trail without much amenities. When I started this sport I was so thrilled by the fact that someone was running a ride FOR ME & marking a trail FOR ME, it never occurred to me that I needed anything except a somewhat fit horse. I was some happy camper. The longer the  ride the better, I wanted my monies worth. I thank all those wonderful, hard working ride managers that made it happen for me.  Judy Van Meter

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)