Re: [RC] 100s - Dawn Carrie

<<The last twenty-five miles may show you magic that you'll never experience on any other ride.  >>

Tom is so right...those last few miles are nothing short of magical.  It is on that last stretch that you really begin to marvel at what your horse has done...is doing...and you feel that one-ness with your horse beyond anything I have ever felt on a 50.  I wish everyone could feel this, just once.  But as someone (I can't remember who) once said, you have to ride the first 75-80 miles in order to get to this point.  You can't get it by just saddling your horse and going out to ride in the dark.

Dawn Carrie, Texas