RE: [RC] How do I find a good horse personality/breed fit - Chastain, Shannon L.

When I got my Arab Gelding "Charlie" almost 6 years ago I went to a locale lady for some riding lesson. I got a surprise when I found out this was the person that had broke him she was happy to see him in a good home. She told me after about 30 minute of riding together do you know just how luck you are. I was surprised and said why. She said you have found your sole mate horse I can see it in you and in him. She said she had been looking for that all her life in the horses she raises and or buys. Since then I can see she is right I adore the ground he walks on and he is jealous when I  spend time with anyone or anything else. Even my new rescue dog, Daisy. My hubby found Daisy is our ditch on Sept 26th and she was almost dead, she could not even stand up. I was going to the vet that day for my Mustang anyway so I took her with and figured we would just put her down she was skin and bones. My vet said he would not make any guarantees but gave her a vit B shot and some ear infection meds and told me to feed her small amounts of great quality food all day long. Well here it is almost 2 weeks later and she is finally gaining weight. We went for a walk last night to introduce her to the horses (my vet insisted he could feel she was a endurance horse dog:-)) Well Charlie threw an Arab fit that I had another living being with me so they had not hit if off to great yet. Daisy is a Dalmatian Mix only about 2 feet tall, white with black spots all over her with very big black spot over his whole left hip. Vets says she is about 5 years old.
Shannon
Rock Port, Missouri Powered 100% by wind turbines
Drinks R Served "Charlie" Arab
Luni Black Mustang
Elway Rottie
Daisy Dalmatian