Re: [RC] How do I find a good horse personality/breed fit - Julienne

Definitely personality!

My first horse was a QH that I never really clicked or bonded with.  I sold him 7 years later after wanting to get into endurance/competitive trail and ended up with Isabella a paso fino/arab cross.  I was looking for a gelding.  :)  I have never bonded so closely with a horse before her.. she is sensitive and has a protectiveness towards me that has kept us out of trouble for the 8 years we've been together.  I've fallen off of her 3 times in the 8 years I've had her (all me doing stupid/silly things!) :)  Unfortunately she is out of comission for a year + so I went on the search for another trail buddy.  I brought home and sold 2 other horses before bringing home Maria, a QH mare.  She is 8 years old, young, and sensitive like Isabella..  I adore her!  We need more bonding time on the trail together, but I doubt any other relationship I have could be as close as the one I share with Isabella.  She is my forever mare.. my horsey soul mate.

Julienne