[RC] gas and wnv - oddfarm

I just came back from Missouri (to Florida) and didn't have any problems finding fuel. I was looking for diesel, not gas but only found one station that had no gas. This was however, at about 3 am in the morning. It's not THAT bad. I came down I-something out of Paducah, KY and then I-75 all the way to Tampa. No problems.

I think this is the 8th year or so since the WNV. Dinero was born in 2000 and it was then or the next year we had the "outbreak". I was already having problems with other vaccines and didn't use any WNV vaccines on any of my 9 horses, and still haven't . I am about 2 hours south of Truman. I am not saying it is right or wrong, just that it is what it is. I have had horses come and go at my place, young and old. So far, no problems.

I did vaccinate against PHF as it was highly recommended.  That was a waste.

Lisa Salas, The Odd faRm
P.S. There is a great new farrier in Mountain Home, Arkansas if anyone is looking. He is good. E-mail me for his number if you are interested.
jsalas at tampabay dot rr dot com