[RC] Time Between 100s - tom noll

Greetings:

In 2006, my horse Frank ran the Big Horn 100 in mid-July and then ran Tevis three weeks later.  Frank was probably 16 years old that summer.

We were over-time at Big Horn and out on the trail for about 27 hours.  Once we saw that we weren?t going to make the Big Horn finish time, we did the last 25 miles to the finish at a much slower pace.  Three weeks later at Tevis, we were out on the trail for just over 23 hours and finished in mid-pack.  I came very near to declining to even go to Tevis.

Frank was very tired at the end of Tevis.  He dug deep inside of himself for those two runs.  Frank is a tough little horse with incredible stamina, but those were two very hard days in three weeks.

It is certainly possible to run both 100s.  Pacing will be critical, and luck will help too.  Only you know your horse and its capabilities.  Please write to me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll
SW Idaho