[RC] RE:New Topic - Natalie Herman

Re: [RC] New Topic:
My goals: My first (and more!) 100 :) It is time I think...If I can survive multiple multi-days (did several 3, a 5, and a 4 day) I think I can manage a 100...I also want to do Tevis, but am being told that I should go do the Swanton Pacific 100 instead as it is the 25th Aniv. and may not come back and should not be missed...is that true??? And why is this a "not to be missed ride"...convince me :) It will be a hard choice, as the horse I am riding will be 18 this year and not sure how much more I can pull out of him, esp Tevis, in the next few years. My next mount is only turning 3 this March, so it will be a while before she is ready for 100's/Tevis, LOL...
Other goals...I want to go do Bryce, but all 5 days (had a back issue this year on the horse) and then Grand Canyon as well.  I already did my "first" ride this year. 4 days of Death Valley..WHOO HOO! and am most likely going to the Eastern Mojave Scenic in Feb. next.... :) Oh, and last goal: Get my friend's two 4yos (will be 5 in July) out on the trail and doing their first LD or two by the end of the season and get one of them sale-ready (the Doc filly...she wants to keep her Morab one instead). Of course, I have to get all this done while riding all the rides I have planned this year (want to also make it into the Ntl Mileage standings too...man, too many goals...LOL)
   Natalie

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.... 'Wow! What a ride!' "