[RC] trails/auburn area - Kathie Ford

Hi all, read the post on the trees down on the trail coming up into Auburn.  Thank you. Any idea who would the person/people/ranger to call to let them know about it? Or to help clear it?  As a popular trail it needs to be cleared.

Also, on the Cardiac hill switchback, on the bottom as you just start going up there is an oak tree down across the trail as well. Non-passable.

So if you go down their to ride, take the trail to the right (two white poles there now) just BEFORE you round the corner to the bottom instead.  Otherwise you have to double back to pick it up. It reconnects you with the switchback just in time to ride the "meat" of that trail; ie, technical portion.  A fun side trail and the footing is good. Even after a rain. Was also good for barefoot conditions.

And, the parking lot on Maidu that was just done, in case anyone hasn't been their for awhile,
 was not set up "staging area" wise. It is for normal car parking. I guess you can park on the street but would be real tough to park a trailer in their. Especially w/o blocking spaces for regular cars. The city is moving in I guess.  So probably better to park at the overlook and go down the street.

Oh, and also is the offer area open again? I noticed that they "trail closed" signs have all be removed finally and it looks open.  I heard just Sundays a while ago, but now looks like it is open daily.  Anybody know for sure...and also if you can cross over to Cool still?  I do know you cannot on one side where the pump station is, but looks to me like the other is open. Anybody know for sure?
Thanks for the info in advance...anxious to get out there again!! :)

cheers and happy trails,
kathie

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.?You IM, we give. Learn more.