Re: [RC] EC DQ - Sisu West Ranch

Thanks for the info.  This is what I basically expected.

If I remember correctly "Class A" is substances that are OK in normal vet practice, just not allowed on race day.  This is certainly different than the "performance enhancing drugging" of horses some are sure is rampant in all sports, especially international equine sports.

If one rides with a residue of a normal horse medication even though one waited the normal withdrawal period, accepts responsibility, and promises to be more careful etc. it may be fitting to just DQ for that event.

Please note: I do not condone riding until a horse is completely well, and in general feel that this amount of time should be adequate for drug traces to leave the horse.  I am just saying that there are varying degrees of violation of this and all rules, and that because the FEI has decided not to wash all of the linen in public, we have no way to know whether this positive drug test warranted a slap on the wrist, or a bigger sanction.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875