[RC] hi-low - Kathie Ford

This has been an interesting topic and timely as my farrier just left here and ironically was working w/my bey shah mare.

She is "slightly" hi-low, emphasis on slight.  We just trim her for balance and balance only. Her feet look great and movement is wonderful.  No correction in any way will be attempted. Shes' not really ridden right now even though she has was trained to training level dressage as she was a basket case when we got her. Some previous mishandling did a real number on her.

So, in the meantime she's been barefoot for 3 years now and the balance trimming has her feet looking good. So when she is worked eventually (she's only 8) hopefully all will be well.

My little rushcreek, cougar rock, bezatal mare with the little crooked legs is looking better to. She too has been barefooted to strengthen  her hoofs and we are just trying to keep her balanced.  She too will have no correction either. Just balance will be key. Her movement is wonderful and her personality, heart, toughness & movement despite her physical faults I believe may make her into something really special someday. She too is only 8.  It will be an interesting journey I think!  She's a little spitfire she is!

cheers,
kathie