Re: [RC] High/Low IS NOT Club foot!! - kathy . mayeda

Matter of semantics.

Early on, Beau was shimmed on his low side upon advice of Diana Thompson.  Diana has been totally influenced by Kerry Ridgway, so this information is not all new.

Beau went three shoeing cycles with the shim, was conditioned for endurance, and was fine without shims for many years after that.  Now that he's not in hard work, the condition is reverting back to being more uneven.   Balanced work is good for these horses - emphasis on BALANCE.

And yep - if you look on the notepad given out at 2003 AERC convention, that's me and Beau at 2003 Cuyama Oaks.  I'm definitely compensating in my body, and my chiro and Centered Riding coach knows that!

K.