RE:Re: [RC] [RC] EC DQ - Truman Prevatt - Leonard.Liesens

Hi,
It is very strange that FEI doesn't publish anything on its website; this is
only to be found on the H&H website.
Normally in the case of doping offense, there is a penalty like 3, 6 months or
even one year of suspension.
In this particular case, nobody knows which substance was used and which grade
it was and if it has a given influence on the performance of the horse.

Here the url of previous cases and decision of the court :

http://www.fei.org/Athletes_AND_Horses/Medication_Control_AND_Antidoping/Horses/Pages/Decisions.aspx

Leonard(www;endurance-belgium.com)

Tom,

Marion Jones came to mind when I read the case of the "failed drug test" at the
FEI ride. Ben Johnson also comes to mind. It was Johnson's positive in the
Olympics that caused people to open their eyes to the problem. While Johnson
was the only runner caught at that time and since he was caught admitted to
using Stanozolol in the 1988 Olympics. Johnson was only the tip of the iceburg.
Of the first five runners to finish the 100 in the that Olympics 4 of the 5 had
used drugs in competition at some point in their career, the only clean
athletic was Carl Lewis.

When I was running in college, no one would think about using any sort of
drugs. When I finally retired from club track in 1973 - there was some rumors
of maybe some of the field guys, hammer throwers, shot putters, etc., but no
runners. By 1980 it was becoming an issue and by all accounts by the 1984
Olympics drug use among runners was common. By '88 it was a significant
problem. In the '90's it went down to even the high school levels. IMO the
problem was simple - a simple slap on the hand was not sufficient.

I think the lesson here is not only is did punishment not fit the infraction in
the FEI case, but with such lax punishment we will see this level of endurance
undergo the same corruption as human track.

Truman

Tom Sites wrote:

   I feel it was a 'failed drug test' because the winner failed the drug test.

   Lets see a show of hands here on RC...

bujǫ''vڝǍzm۫jwH+bs'2+zm
۫jwF'^qJr{'rzmvڝǧzלjj()F'^.jwQגi