Re: [RC] [RC] Cricket's Horse - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

And not that I am accusing anyone's vet of negligence but a vet ignoring the 'protein' levels in Strategy is likened to what a dentist once told me.  I asked him how he consults young parents about young children chewing gum.  His answer, "keep letting your children chew gum sooner or later your children will come back to get cavities filled, jaw alignment, TMJ correction, either way it's a long term billable!"  I cracked up!  He said, "common sense usually wins out!"

In other words DO YOUR HOMEWORK!  Inordinate protein levels are not good for any living thing!  My vet has always advised me that horses shouldn't, and Susan Garlinghouse's input is most welcome here, have more than 10-12% protein...and that is for a hard working horse!

D'Arcy