Re: [RC] Club foot - Linda Marins

----- Original Message -----

Here’s Dr. Redden’s diagrams and explanations for the different classifications of club feet (pretty much universally acknowledged).  http://www.nanric.com/Howtotreatclubfeet.asp

Thank you, Karen, for this excellent link.  This 2003 paper is the first
one I have seen on the Internet that incorporates all of the research findings
that I knew had been achieved as of 1998, makes all the correct
distinctions (slow developing club feet vs. sudden-onset contracted
tendons), gives all the right cautions (trying to "stretch the tendon"
can lead to disaster), as well as repeating the Grade I-IV taxonomy
that is so necessary to normalize discussion of this issue.

Plus, I am very glad to say, it contains lots of new information, new
precision of description (like the mechanics of how the hoof distorts),
and new detail on exactly how to treat what at what age, that I had
never heard of or read before.  I particularly liked it that attention has moved
up the leg to the muscle in the forearm (which is what is at the other
end of the deep flexor after all) and it looks like they might actually be
zeroing in on the primary cause.  I am so happy to see that true
progress is being made!!

I tried to find something that I thought was wrong.  I tried really hard.
I'm so good at that...there must be something that was wrong that I
could bitch about.

I couldn't find anything wrong.  This article nailed it!  It is now my gold
standard.

Now if he had just given his citations...:-)

Linda Marins