[RC] More "bonehead moves" - sherman

Or,  why the driver should always check everything for themselves before driving away…

My husband, who doesn’t trailer out much with me (or without me) closed the back of the trailer after the last horse stepped in. As I arranged the lead rope around the side slats, I wrongly  ASSumed that he’d locked the tailgate as he shut it. We both then got into the truck and proceeded to drive off when someone coming into the staging area starts yelling and pointing to the back of the trailer. I look back and see the big gate swinging! I quickly stopped, jumped out and ran back to see what damage had been done to my horse,  but fortunately, she had stayed inside, she knew the trailer was her way home and had no desire to be left behind. I’ll never let that happen again!

Kathy