Re: [RC] Breeding your mare...sheesh guys - Maryanne Gabbani

I've bred a lot of my horses based on my knowledge of their parents and prospective mates (and sometimes grandparents and great-grandparents). I breed for sound, sane, friendly riding horses, not super athletes. I prefer to have someone that I know from the ground up to train. I started with two mares, got their two sons, now have the son of one of the sons as well as a number of other youngsters from good parents. My expectations are relatively low, but I've been very pleasantly surprised by quite a few of them. And I don't sell horses (though I have been known to give one away on occasion) so the ones here have a home for life.

Maryanne