[RC] Ultimate saddle pad - The Coles

I personally use a Supracor.  I'm a heavy weight rider, on a big long backed moose, in a dressage saddle.  I have tried various saddle pads but I keep going back to my Supracor.  And, I just purchases a second one, in the Endurance style, which will replace my Dressage Supracor.

The thing I like about it most, and what conviences me that it is actually providing a cooling effect for my horse, is that you can actually hear the air swooshing out of the pad whenever you do a rising trot!  It kinda sounds like mini bellows when you are riding.  I don't hear it at the canter or at the walk however...  I suppose that is because the weight is not shifting that much in the walk, and probably because I two poing in the canter and the wind in my ears may be disguising the noise of the air flow???

For those who's horses are sensitive to the supracor, I would suggest a thin cotton pad between the pad and horse.

It's not very scientific, but in my humble opinion, if I can actually HEAR the air flow, then there has to be some circulation of air, and that would mean there would have to be a cooling effect.

Donna Lee and Jeff Cole
Turning Point Stables
Browns Flat, NB