Re: [RC] frozen shoulder - desertrydr1

My girlfriend got dumped on her shoulder about 10 or so years ago.  It was pretty much frozen, she had very limited range of motion and it was very painful.  She also is a believer in chiropractic (I am decidely NOT). She messed around with it for about 6 months and it never got any better, so she finally decided to have the surgery.  The surgery itself was painful afterward, the rehab was not that much fun (we're good buds who see each other or talk on the phone almost daily, since 1994) but it was DEFINITELY worth the pain because she has alnost full range of motion, and no pain in the shoulder.  I think there are several parts to the success or failure of the surgery.  One is the surgeon's skill and experience.  Get the best Dr you can find.  Another is your ability to follow through on the rehab and work the shoulder back to full usefulness.  Good luck,.  jeri