Re: [RC] "Perfect" horse for heavyweight rider? - Renie

Here I am, a featherweight, with a big Pure Polish gelding carrrying Old Polish and *El Paso lines.   He is 15 hands, has a rump like a quarterhorse.  He is not particulary HOT, can even be lazy at times, and takes very good care of himself.  I did all the training on him myself, he can do a reining pattern as well as dressage.   He most certainly could carry a heavyweight.  His sire (for sale) has a huge shoulder and big, strong rump, lots of bone.  His breeding goes back to *WitezII, *Czubuthan, *Mellon and Kasmir.   I have been aroung Polish horses all my life and found them to have a wonderful work ethic and I like the more stocky build of the older lines.  I did know what one that was a bit of a stinker, the stallion that Jim Jones gave Kerry Ridgeway, "Toltec".  He was by Weirtez out of a fine old mare named Tangyya (bred by Travlers Rest) who was *Czubuthan X *Ba-Ida.  Those were a couple of horses that Wendel Robie thought a lot of!   I don't know why Toltec was such a handful;  he sure was beautiful though.  renie