Re: [RC] Ponying a horse - Karen Sullivan

On 8/24/08, Michael Maul <mmaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 An entered horse should be under the control of the rider which is not the case for a ponyied horse.

Mike

Interesting...I know of at least ride where the winner of the 50 was ponied at the beginning of the ride, until the settled down enough to be under control of the rider.....so under that rule, this would have been disqualified?  I'll bet there were other instances, also......the alternative might have been for that rider to wait until the majority of the group left....then start from the rear...which may or maynot have affected their chances of winning the ride

Karen