[RC] re: joint formulas - Cindy Stafford

This is in response to the question about experience with Adequan and joint supplements

I have a horse with arthritic hocks and stifle.  I tried just joint supplements and saw minor improvements, if any.  Once I put her on Adequan, I saw results.  The vet at teh equine hospital said joint supplements are really good in conjunction with adequan.

Also, I recently asked my vet about Legend vs. Adequan, he believes there wasn't much difference that studies showed that neither one resulted in more effectiveness on the joint, although he did say he hadn't done much reading on it recently, fwiw.

I guess it might depend on the extent of the horse's arthritis.  The vet said my horse's hock was about an 8 on a 1-10 scale, if that gives you some comparison.

I also tried the joint injection - she had a reaction and developed laminitis.  So people may want to ask their vet about this and beware of this potential.

Cindy