[RC] buckets and chairs - sherman

I have to agree with saving parking in a slightly less desirable area. It was disheartening to arrive early and have what I’d consider “the best area” totally blocked off already. I do understand wanting to park next to friends, but I think oftentimes too much space is estimated especially when corral space is included and others are left to cram into smaller spaces. When I’ve had a spot saved it was always a minimal space, and we snugged up next to our friends, rather than spread out.

Kathy

Diane wrote:

The angst doesn't arise because people begrudge friends wanting to camp next to friends. It comes when people arrive early enough to get a good spot and find all the remaining primo locations have been blocked off.

While getting together with friends shouldn't be penalized by having your rigs in the least convenient spot, neither should it penalize others who make the effort to arrive early so *they* can get a good spot. Like Connie said, it's reasonable to save one spot for a friend but when one person blocks off a large area of the best spots, that's really annoying.

One solution is for the early arriver to block off the 3 or more spaces that are wanted in an area that is not the closest to the water, or the vetting, or whatever constitutes "the best" at a particular ride, but rather chooses an area that is a bit out of the way instead. That way, others arriving early won't feel as though they've been deprived of a good location by someone who has cherry picked the best spots for late arriving friends.