Re: [RC] horse shopping and the spookiness scale - Amber Roberts

My most trustworthy horse - coincidently the one I have the endurance miles on -  has a scar in his left eye from a corneal ulcer, so he tends to shy and do a very quick 180.  Since he's normally such a good boy I ride him with totally loose reins so I'm usually un prepared to prevent the turn, and he dumps his shoulder on the 180 and I'm on the ground. K.

I had an Arab gelding who used to do that with me until I bought an Aussie saddle.  He never got me off after that.

Amber