[RC] horse shopping and the spookiness scale - Cindy Stafford

once again, i'm going to have to beg your collective advice.

I've been casually horse shopping for a while for a new LD horse.  One of the qualities I'm looking for is a horse that is low on the spookiness scale, lol.

But here's where i'm perplexed.  How do you judge a horse that may shy a lot just due to being green, but may grow out of it with additional miles?  Versus one that will always be a 'spooker'?

Or should I pay more attention to how the horse reacts when it spooks?  Like a stop, stare and blow is a lot more easier to handle for me than one that might react with the spin and bolt, or worse, rearing/bucking (gasp!).

I"m not a green rider, but am seeing the results of my limited experience of too many miles on only one horse, and one that became relatively bombproof fairly quickly LOL.  I don't mind getting one that is green and spooky and working iwth it slowly (i'm in continuous lessons with a trainer, so have others more experienced to work with me).  But am wanting to avoid the one that may never grow out of having extreme meltdowns versus the casual sidestep.

comments?  thanks again as always for your opinions.

cindy