[RC] Mark your calendar for the National Rescue Ride and hlep the horses - Karen Everhart

On Sunday October 19, 2008, Rainbow Meadows will join with horse rescue organizations across the country in the National Rescue Ride and Walk to bring attention to the plight of the thousands of horses in America which suffer neglect, abuse, abandonment and risk of slaughter.

Our event will take place at Kanopolis Canyon State Park (http://www.stateparks.com/kanopolis.html) near Lindsborg, Kansas from 10:00 - 3:00 p.m. The trails are wonderful and the views across the lake are magnificent.  Riders and walkers will enjoy their day on separate trails for safety.  Day fees and/or camping fees (if applicable) will apply.

Interested participants can register at www.nationalrescueride.org. Once at the site, click on the menu under the NRR logo where it says "Find a Ride/Registration".  On the registration page, go to page 4 and find Rainbow Meadows.  Then click "register" right beside our logo.  Complete all the required information.  The cost to register with the National Rescue Ride and Walk is $20.00 which will include a t-shirt and a breakfast on-site prior to the ride.

Riders and walkers alike are asked to solicit donations from friends, family members and co-workers to support our rescue efforts.  Those funds will be collected the day of the event.

Supporters of Rainbow Meadows, who live in other states, can participate in a event local to them but send their designated donations to Rainbow Meadows.  Please review the list of scheduled events across America and participate there if you cannot join us at Kanopolis.

Put this date on your calendar and SIGN UP NOW!!!  Join us for a day of fun and friendship, FOR THE HORSES.

If you have any questions, let me know!!

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082