[RC] re;Ask the mechanic - Rick Jackson

Sounds like you dont need me. Many responses are very close to dead right on. The oil life monitors on todays vehicle dont soley base it on mileage. Calculated engine load, temperature, accelration, deceleration, vehicle speed, torque, overdrive, and other factors figure in. The computers are getting smarter evreyday. Altitude and humidity are even calculated! One thing they dont take into consideration (yet!) is dusty and dirty conditions. Most owner's manuals have at least 2 different maintenance schedules. Almost everyone I know drives under severe service at least half the time. I personally use synthetic oil and try never to exceed 5000 miles between services even when commuting. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said that oil changes are cheap. Pay me now or pay me later!

Rick
As for me and my horse, we shall serve the Lord. Gallopin' 2:4