Re: [RC] [RC] Fw: Horse Slaughter Bill HR 6598 - SHEILA A WALSH

It's my understanding that approximately 600 horses were picked up in 2006 in the deserts of AZ, that the animal control believe were "turned out". I don't want to know how many are being tossed out with hay prices over $18/bale, now.

As Winston Churchill said, "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle." As Shakespear wrote in Henry V, "When I bestride him, I soar, I am like a hawk; he trots the air, the Earth sings, when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical that the pipe of Hermes."

From: Rebecca Fabiszak <ag47xau49@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Dorothy Miller <dmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Fw: Horse Slaughter Bill HR 6598
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

?
Thank you. Humane Harvesting in every state, or at least Region is only fair to these marvelous animals that we have been blessed with. Here, out West, horses are being released in the desert to fend for themselves, which they can't do. I have a friend who's nephew in law has a ranch in Nevada. If you shake a can of grain, twenty or more horses come that are not theirs. So very sad. Beccy